A 3 layer foam toe separator is a medical device used to protect, cushion and separate toes. Many patients have toes that are crooked, mis-shapened with painful areas from friction. Applying a 3 layer foam toe separator can alleviate many of the symptoms of rubbing digits by maintaining proper toe alignment.
Some of the uses of a 3 layer foam toe separator are:
1) Prevent soft corns and toe irritation from forming due to the pressure and friction of mis shapened toes.
2) Prevent the friction causing blisters inter digitally.
3) Realign crooked toes.
4) Prevent the big toe (hallux) in bunions from drifting medially.
How to use a 3 layer foam toe separator.
-place the convex side of the toe separator facing away from the foot.
-the longer edge of the concave side is facing up.
-gently insert the toe separator between the digits you wish to treat.
There are 3 different sizes of toe separators being produced currently by Atlas Biomechanics.
1) Small: These are meant for the smaller toes to align and prevent rubbing.
2) Medium: These toe separators are ideal for the larger toes in woman and the middle toes in men.
3) Large: Great for the larger toes, realign the big toe in bunions and maintain proper toe alignment.