Toe and stress fractures are a common and painful medical condition easily treated with carbon or steel stabilizer plates. Toe and stress fractures are usually treated with a splint or an open toe surgery shoe.
Carbon or Steel Stabilizer plate insoles are either manufactured from carbon fiber or steel. They are thin and rigid. The turfliner steel or carbon plate is placed in a casual/gym shoe. For proper placement, the shoe’s existing insole should be removed or placed under the insole. It all depends on the shoe’s fit.
To treat a toe or stress fracture, the forefoot should be immobile. What a steel or carbon stabilizer plate insole does is stiffen the shoe. This allows the toe or stress fracture to be immobile. It reduces the range of motion of the forefoot. It also limits the dorsiflexion of the metatarsal joint which prevents the toe range of motion. The more limiting range of motion, the faster the healing time of the fracture.
Atlas Biomechanics manufacturers three types of stabilizer plate insoles.
- Full Length Spring Steel Stabilizer
- Half Length Spring Steel Stabilizer
- Carbon Stabilizer
Steel or carbon stabilizer plate insoles treat stress and toe fractures.
Lambswool has been used for numerous foot and toe issues for years. Unfortunately, newer and less effective cushions are being used by the general public and physicians. Lambs wool is an effective and less costly toe and foot pain treatment option.
One of the benefits of Lamb’s Wool is its versatility.
- One can wrap just one crooked hammertoe to prevent corn formation and shoe irritation. Just pull a small strand of lambswool and gently rotate one or two times around the digit.
- For maceration and fungal skin infections between toes pull a larger strand of lambswool and weave in between all 5 toes to allow air flow. Lambs wool will allow air to circulate in between the toes to dry out over wet skin (maceration).
- If the tips of crooked hammertoes are painful and need to be cushioned then two small pieces of lambswool would be needed. One small strand is placed over the toe tip and the second is then wrapped around the toe to secure the first.
- For ballet pointe shoes, a larger piece is wrapped over the first through the fifth toes, covering the tips. Then another large piece is wrapped over the metatarsals to lock in the toe part.
- Another way to cushion ballet pointe shoes is to take a large strand and place it into the toe box of the pointe shoe. Then wear the shoe for several minutes. The lambswool will mold to the shape of the dancer’s foot.
Lamb’s wool is a natural material that will mold to the shape of your foot and allow air flow. This is not something that a foam, felt or silicone pad can do. More people should try lambs wool for their foot care needs.
Polio patients commonly have a short leg and or scoliosis that can be treated with a heel lift. This limb length discrepancy is permanent. Many post-polio patients will have lower back pain, hip, knee, and ankle pain due to the unequal limb length. Physicians can easily treat the patient’s discomfort with a simple heel lift. Usually, a heel lift that is dispensed is about 1/2 the limb length discrepancy. The proper height depends on the patient’s comfort level and how long they have had the short limb.
Heel lifts are placed on the short leg side underneath the shoe’s insole. This allows the heel lift to sit firmly at the bottom of the shoe. This provides optimum control and comfort to the patient. In shoe heel lifts can be manufactured from cork and EVA/rubber blend. They come in different heights to correct the limb discrepancy.
Atlas Biomechanics manufacturers heel lifts here in the USA from medical grade cork and eva/rubber. They come in heights of 1/8″ (3mm) heel lift, 1/4″ (6mm) heel lift, 3/8″ (9mm) heel lift and 1/2″ (12mm) heel lift. An adjustable heel lift, that allows the heel riser to properly fit the short leg is a common type for polio patients. The 1/4″ heel lift is our most popular short leg lift for polio patients.
About Atlas Biomechanics: We are a woman-owned sports medical manufacturer of heel lifts, foot pads, and heat mold orthotics.
Ultra Thin Metatarsal Gel Pad Sleeve is an elastic band with an embedded gel ball of foot pad.
Medical grade Gel Metatarsal Pad Ultra Thin Sleeve
- Offload ball of the foot pain.
Gel metatarsal pad with ultra-thin elastic sleeve
Metatarsal Pads relieve pressure on the metatarsal heads (ball of foot).
Metatarsal Pads can be used for all metatarsal heads and sesamoids.
Relieve pressure on the sesamoids and first through fifth metatarsal joints.
Our Metatarsal gel pads are medical quality foot products, made in the USA.
Great sesamoiditis pad, dancer’s pad, Morton’s neuroma pad and ball of foot pad.
- Features a medical grade metatarsal gel pad in a teardrop shape inside an Ultra-Thin elastic satin fabric.
– Fits comfortable over the forefoot.
– Fits comfortably in most shoes.
– Can turn it laterally for Tailor’s Bunion
– Offload Morton’s neuroma, sesamoid, and metatarsal heads.
Medical Grade Ball of Foot Gel Pad
Metatarsal Pads Treat:
– Metataralgia, Morton’s Neuroma, Sesamoiditis, Capsulitis, Foot Callus, Metatarsal pain, Ball of the foot pain,